Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ryan Reynold as The Green Lantern





Simply. It was a lovely film. Critics were so wrong. I loved that every scene was entertaining & further volved the story in to the next part. I do think it is geared more towards actual fans of the comic. Being a fan, the story was simple to follow & thrilling to see the comic come to life. There were more actions sequences than Thor & better special effects than any film this year. Thor was an awesome film also but I think you cant compare the because they were both lovely for different reasons. The CGI & special effects were awesome. The trailers do not do the final renditions any justice, & I thought the last couple trailers looked great. The story was based solely off of the Secret Origin comic book. A couple things were adjusted but overall it gave the same effect of reading the comic.
I was happy to see Green Lantern Hal Jordan be Green Lantern & use constructs (weapons formed by anything the ring bearers mind can think of) times in the film to satisfy my need for action. The story did appeared a small rushed sometimes but nothing to make it a terrible film. Ryan Reynolds did a great job bringing Hal Jordan to life. So plenty of people detest on him & I think he pulled off the role greatly.
Peter Sarsgaard showed some amazing acting skills as Hector Hammond. Mark Strong was ideal for Sinestro. & Blake Lively wasnt bad as Carol Ferris either. Im not going to write a review telling you each scene in the film but I will say that right from the get go every scene is entertaining to watch.
I feel Hal Jordan (Reynolds) as a character is developed well in the sense of understanding where he comes from & why is he the way he is today. The villain Parallax is portrayed differently in the comic & I wasnt positive how I was time going to like seeing him a giant head & cloud in the film. But it didnt bother me after all & it worked. The art direction for the film was stunning. I enjoyed the way everything was portrayed. Everything from the space sequences, the aliens, the constructs, & the planet Oa.
If I could perhaps alter anything about the film it would be to show a quantity of the other Lanterns fight a bit more. the main Lanterns like Sinestro, Kilowog, & Tomar Re. But I do understand that in the Secret Origin Comic they do not battle as much since the story is all about Hal Jordan. In the event you are not a fan of the comic I still think the film would be entertaining to watch. In the event you go to watch Green Lantern then you understand it is a superhero, comic book film. Go to see some high flying action & let your imagination run free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner